Thursday, June 23, 2011

{Real Simple} Cooking for the Non-Cook

I'm not much of a cook.  I believe the root of the problem resides in the fact that my cooking skills were stunted.  In college I didn't have much extra money so there was the summer of hot dogs.  Every dinner was comprised of hot dogs with a side of mustard for dipping.  Fast forward to two years out of college, I bought a condo and turned to peanut butter sandwiches for lunch.

So I blame my somewhat limited cooking skills on my history of not having the money to splurge on proper sustenance.  (In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that I'd rather eat hot dogs for a summer if that leaves me with enough money to buy a purse I love.)

Now that I'm married and my husband thinks that meals must include a meat, I am expanding my cooking skills.  Real Simple is my savior.  April's mag included a recipe for spicy chipotle meatballs with rice.  While the rice was fairly bland (we love spicy foods), the meal in totality was delicious and simple.

Alan doing the prep work. 

Turning the meatballs 

Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment